York Recording Studio...
Melrose Yard Studios is a professional recording studio located in York city centre. We cater for a wide variety of projects from individual performers to large bands and also provide a location recording service. With extensive experience in a broad range of musical and production styles, we can deliver the sound you’re after.
Recording/editing/mixing/mastering - £25 per hour [minimum 2 hour booking]
Full day recording [8 hours] - £200
Student discount: 10% student discount is available for full day recording sessions. At least half of the group must present a valid NUS or College/Uni ID card to qualify.
- AKG C414 (x2)
- AKG C214 (x2)
- AKG C1000 (x2)
- AKG D112 (x2)
- Audio Technica AT4033a
- Audio Technica AT4040
- Rode NT5 (x2)
- SE R1 Ribbon (x2)
- Sennheiser e604
- Sennheiser e906
- Sennheiser BF504 (x4)
- Slate VMS ML-1
- Shure SM58
- Shure SM57 (x3)
- Shure SM7b
- Beyerdynamic DT770
- SONY MDR-7506
- Beyerdynamic DT100 (x4)
- Various Senheiser & Akg models
- Focusrite Control 2802 Console
- RME Fireface 800 Audio Interface
- UAD Apollo Twin
- Aphex 207 Two Channel Tube Preamp
- Audient ASP800 8 Channel Premamp
- Focusrite ISA Two Channel Preamp
- Focusrite Octopre 8 Channel Preamp
- TL Audio C1 Dual Valve Preamp/Compressor
- Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite TB Octo Core
- 27" iMac 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel i7 16GB RAM
- Logic Pro X
- PSP Vintage Warmer
- T-Racks 3 Deluxe
- Waves Gold Bundle
- Waves CLA Compressors
- UAD Analog Classics Plus Bundle
- Adam A8X
- Yamaha NS10
- Art HeadAmp6 Pro Headphone Amp
Terms & Conditions
- A £50.00 deposit is required to secure all recording sessions longer than 4 hours.
- Any recording sessions cancelled less than 48 hours before the booked time will result in the loss of the deposit.
- Recording session files will be kept for 12 months after the date of the recording. After this time the files will be erased. Audio files can be supplied on a DVD data disc or other storage device provided by the client. There is a £15.00 charge for this service.
- Customers that record any material that they do not own the copyright for are responsible for obtaining any necessary permission(s) and/or licence(s).